When We Fight, We Fight To Win
Mr. LoVerde is a trial lawyer with Power Rogers LLP, where his practice focuses on catastrophic injury and wrongful death. He is committed to representing victims in cases involving construction injuries, dangerous products, auto and truck collisions, medical malpractice, corporate and financial fraud, unsafe property conditions, and civil rights violations.
He joined Power Rogers after practicing with another personal injury firm in the Chicagoland area, and before that represented defrauded investors and consumers in securities and antitrust claims. He also previously worked as a judicial law clerk for a federal judge in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Mr. LoVerde has extensive experience in trials, litigation, and navigating the courtroom.
Mr. LoVerde has successfully obtained numerous favorable settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims throughout the country. Most recently, Mr. LoVerde helped recover a $3.03 million verdict for his client after a pharmacy mis-filled her prescription drugs. In addition, he helped secure a $975,000 trucking collision settlement, a $108 million settlement against a corporation for securities fraud violations, a $29.5 million settlement against a company for antitrust violations, a $4.4 million settlement for a client who suffered fatal injuries after a boating crash, and a $150,000 jury verdict for a client who was injured by unsafe property conditions, which is among the Top 100 jury verdicts in Illinois in 2019.
Mr. LoVerde has received numerous awards and recognitions for his work. In 2021, he was recognized by his peers as a Best Lawyers One To Watch. Since 2020, he has been nominated to the Top 40 under 40 civil plaintiff trial lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers organization. Since 2019, he has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star and since 2018, he has been named an Illinois Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers, awards given to less than 2.5% of Illinois lawyers.
His compassion for helping people extends beyond the courtroom, as he is actively involved in several community, charitable, and professional organizations throughout the country.
He has a robust pro bono practice representing victims of civil rights claims through Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and the Chicago Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights. He has also presented and published several articles for bar association journals and legal publications regarding personal injury, complex litigation, and trial techniques.
R.O. v. Confidential Defendants
Power Rogers attorneys Joseph Power, Thomas Power, James Power and Dominic LoVerde recently secured $50,000,000.00 on behalf of their client who suffered serious injuries in an accident that occurred while trimming branches from a tree on his property, including severe burns and the loss of both arms and a leg. Joseph Power, Thomas Power, James Power and Dominic LoVerde.
J.L. & L.L. v. Trucking Company
James Power and Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of their clients secured a $1,000,000.00 settlement. In October of 2018, the client was on his way to fill vending machines at a local racetrack when he was T-boned by the Defendant driving a semi-tractor trailer. It was alleged that the driver had fallen asleep after working too many consecutive hours behind the wheel. The settlement represents the limits of the insurance coverage available.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: With honors
- Honors: Student Bar Association, President
- University of Dayton
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With honors
- Major: Political Science, Economics, and Pre-Law
- Minor: English
- Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, Leaders Forum, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, National Finance Committee, 2020 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Communications Committee Co-Chair, 2020 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Publications Committee Co-Chair, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Representative to the Board of Governors, 2021 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Mental Health Committee Chair, 2020 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Amicus Committee, 2019 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Legislative Committee, 2019 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2017 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Tort Committee Legislative Liaison, 2016 to 2017
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Mental Health Law Section Council, 2017 to Present
- Federal Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Federal Bar Association, Membership Committee, 2016 to Present
- Federal Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division Planning Committee, 2016 to 2019
- Loyola School of Law, Young Alumni Committee, 2016 to Present
- Loyola School of Law, Alumni Engagement Ambassador, 2019 to Present
- St. Ignatius College Prep, Young Alumni Society
- St. Ignatius College Prep, Member of the Law Society, 2013 to Present
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Member, 2013 to Present
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Loyola Chapter President, Treasurer, 2013 to 2015
- Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, pro hac vice, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, pro hac vice, 2019
- “Gaining Trial Experience & Protecting the Seventh Amendment,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, New Lawyers Division Newsletter, Fall 2021
- “Take Control of the Pandemic And Your Life,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, New Lawyers Division Newsletter, Spring 2021
- “Getting to the Courtroom as a Complex Litigation Associate,” Fed. Bar Ass’n, Perspectives, Spring 2019.
- “Private Litigation & Audit Quality in the 21st Century,” Am. Constitution Soc’y For Law and Policy, Vol. 10, No. 1, Fall 2016
- “Recent Developments in Employment Law & Litigation,” Am. Bar Ass’n, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law J., Vol. 51, No. 2, Winter 2016.
- “Lawyer Solicitation & Ethical Considerations,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, Aviation Law Newsletter, Spring 2015
- “Aviation Safety Action Programs and Litigation,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, Aviation Law Newsletter, Spring 2015
- “Major Issues in Major Cases: Recent Aviation Disaster Cases Lexington to Malaysia,” Int’l Air & Transportation Safety Bar Ass’n, November 14, 2014 (co-author)
- 2021: American Association of Justice New Lawyers Division “Above & Beyond Award”
- 2021: American Association of Justice New Lawyers Division “Award of Excellence”
- 2021-2023: Best Lawyers Ones to Watch
- 2021: William J. Harte Amicus Volunteer Award: Individuals are recognized for their dedicated volunteer service and professional efforts on behalf of the ITLA Amicus Curiae Committee in preparing legal briefs before the Illinois Supreme and Appellate Courts.
- 2019 – 2022: Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star: a distinction that is limited to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois and awarded from a polling of lawyers in Illinois.
- 2018 – 2021: Illinois Emerging Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media: those identified by their peers as the top lawyers, a title bestowed on less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in Illinois.
- 2020 – 2021: National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff’s Lawyers in Illinois
- 2020: National Trial Lawyers, Top 25 Products Liability Lawyers
- 2019: Top 50 Illinois Jury Verdict for personal injury
- 2017: Mercy Home for Boys & Girls “Spirit of Mercy Award”
- 2016: Recipient of Loyola’s Leadership, Service, and Public Interest Award
- 2013: CALI Award in Legal Writing