When We Fight, We Fight To Win
Mr. LoVerde is a trial lawyer with Power Rogers LLP, where his practice focuses on catastrophic injury and wrongful death. He is committed to representing victims in cases involving construction injuries, dangerous products, auto and truck collisions, medical malpractice, corporate and financial fraud, unsafe property conditions, and civil rights violations.
Mr. LoVerde has successfully obtained numerous favorable settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims throughout the country. Mr. LoVerde helped recover a $50 million settlement, a $1 million trucking settlement, and a $3.03 million verdict for his client after a pharmacy mis-filled her prescription drugs. In addition, he helped secure a $975,000 trucking collision settlement, a $108 million settlement against a corporation for securities fraud violations, a $29.5 million settlement against a company for antitrust violations, and a $150,000 jury verdict for a client who was injured by unsafe property conditions. Several of his results are among the Top 10 and Top 20 verdicts and settlements in Illinois, and also a Top 50 settlement in the United States.
Mr. LoVerde has received numerous awards and recognitions for his work. He has been recognized by his peers as a Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyer; U.S. News Best Lawyers One To Watch; National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 civil plaintiff trial lawyers; Super Lawyers Rising Star; and an Illinois Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers. In 2021, he received the “Above & Beyond” award from the American Association for Justice for his continued efforts of service to the organization and to protecting to Seventh Amendment. In 2022, he received the Distinguished Service Award from the American Association for his continued efforts and to protecting those who are injured.
He has a robust pro bono practice representing victims of civil rights claims through Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and the Chicago Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights. He has also presented and published several articles for bar association journals and legal publications regarding personal injury, complex litigation, and trial techniques.
Mr. LoVerde is a tenacious advocate with extensive experience in trials and navigating the courtroom on high stakes cases. He is uncompromising and relentless in his work ethic for every single client, fighting to recover full value and a successful result no matter the circumstances.
Power Rogers has recovered over $4 billion dollars in verdicts and settlements. Power Rogers has achieved the #1 spot in the Chicago Lawyer Annual Settlement Survey again in 2018, meaning the firm obtained more dollars in recoveries than any other Chicago personal injury law firm in Illinois. In fact, Power Rogers has finished first in the settlement survey in ten of the last fifteen years and has held the first place spot for the past nine consecutive years, surpassing its next closest competitor by more than half a billion dollars in total recoveries since 2000.
Motorcycle v. Automobile Driver (2023)
Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of his client, secured a $1,000,000.00 settlement. In 2022, the client was driving his motorcycle and struck a car that turned left in front of his lane of travel in downtown Chicago. The Chicago Police Department witnessed the occurrence, and the motorcyclist received a ticket for failing to reduce speed to avoid a collision. The defendant driver argued the motorcyclist was traveling 30 to 40 mph above the speed limit and caused the collision. After an investigation, negotiations and litigation, the insurance company representing the driver agreed to settle.
R.O. v. Confidential Defendants (2022)
Power Rogers attorneys Joseph Power, Thomas Power, James Power and Dominic LoVerde recently secured $50,000,000.00 on behalf of their client who suffered serious injuries in an accident that occurred while trimming branches from a tree on his property, including severe burns and the loss of both arms and a leg. Joseph Power, Thomas Power, James Power and Dominic LoVerde.
J.L. & L.L. v. Trucking Company (2022)
James Power and Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of their clients secured a $1,000,000.00 settlement. In October of 2018, the client was on his way to fill vending machines at a local racetrack when he was T-boned by the Defendant driving a semi-tractor trailer. It was alleged that the driver had fallen asleep after working too many consecutive hours behind the wheel. The settlement represents the limits of the insurance coverage available.
L.K. v. Security Company (2022)
Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of his client, secured a $527,000 settlement. In November 2021, L.K., a minor, and three others allegedly broke into a commercial property. It was alleged that while L.K. left the premises, security guards pursued L.K. and exercised unreasonable force causing L.K.’s injuries. L.K. was charged with criminal trespass but the charges were dropped. The security company contested liability but after negotiations and litigation, were willing to resolve.
D.F. v. Dog Owner
Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of his client, secured a $230,000 settlement for a dog bite victim who was injured while visiting another’s residence.
A.M. v. Compounding Pharmacy (2021)
Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of his client, secured a $3,035,000.00 verdict. In October of 2019, a compounding pharmacy misfilled a prescription drug and then distributed it to the client. It was alleged that the misfilled prescription caused a thyroid storm and PTSD. At trial, the pharmacy contested causation and the nature and extent of Plaintiff’s injuries. The $3,035,000 verdict exceeded the pharmacy’s insurance coverage available. The case later settled for the full judgment plus costs and post-judgment interest.
M.S. v. Trucking Company (2021)
Dominic LoVerde, on behalf of his client, secured a $975,000 settlement. The client was on their way home in a snow storm when a semi-tractor trailer struck black ice and lost control of the semi then the client’s vehicle contacted the semi. The client was taken to the emergency room where their BAC was .196. The trucking company disputed liability but after negotiations, were willing to resolve. The settlement represents the limits of the insurance coverage available.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: With honors
- Honors: Student Bar Association, President
- University of Dayton
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With honors
- Major: Political Science, Economics, and Pre-Law
- Minor: English
- Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Automotive And Trucking Negligence
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Breach Of Contract
- Professional Malpractice
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, Leaders Forum, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, National Finance Committee, 2020 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Communications Committee Co-Chair, 2020 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Publications Committee Co-Chair, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Representative to the Board of Governors, 2021 to Present
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division, Mental Health Committee Chair, 2020 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Amicus Committee, 2019 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Legislative Committee, 2019 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2017 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Tort Committee Legislative Liaison, 2016 to 2017
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Mental Health Law Section Council, 2017 to Present
- Federal Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Federal Bar Association, Membership Committee, 2016 to Present
- Federal Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division Planning Committee, 2016 to 2019
- Loyola School of Law, Young Alumni Committee, 2016 to Present
- Loyola School of Law, Alumni Engagement Ambassador, 2019 to Present
- St. Ignatius College Prep, Young Alumni Society
- St. Ignatius College Prep, Member of the Law Society, 2013 to Present
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Member, 2013 to Present
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Loyola Chapter President, Treasurer, 2013 to 2015
- Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, pro hac vice, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, pro hac vice, 2019
- “Gaining Trial Experience & Protecting the Seventh Amendment,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, New Lawyers Division Newsletter, Fall 2021
- “Take Control of the Pandemic And Your Life,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, New Lawyers Division Newsletter, Spring 2021
- “Getting to the Courtroom as a Complex Litigation Associate,” Fed. Bar Ass’n, Perspectives, Spring 2019.
- “Private Litigation & Audit Quality in the 21st Century,” Am. Constitution Soc’y For Law and Policy, Vol. 10, No. 1, Fall 2016
- “Recent Developments in Employment Law & Litigation,” Am. Bar Ass’n, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law J., Vol. 51, No. 2, Winter 2016.
- “Lawyer Solicitation & Ethical Considerations,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, Aviation Law Newsletter, Spring 2015
- “Aviation Safety Action Programs and Litigation,” Am. Ass’n for Justice, Aviation Law Newsletter, Spring 2015
- “Major Issues in Major Cases: Recent Aviation Disaster Cases Lexington to Malaysia,” Int’l Air & Transportation Safety Bar Ass’n, November 14, 2014 (co-author)
- 2021: American Association of Justice New Lawyers Division “Above & Beyond Award”
- 2021: American Association of Justice New Lawyers Division “Award of Excellence”
- 2021-2023: Best Lawyers Ones to Watch
- 2019 – 2022: Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star: a distinction that is limited to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois and awarded from a polling of lawyers in Illinois.
- 2018 – 2021: Illinois Emerging Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media: those identified by their peers as the top lawyers, a title bestowed on less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in Illinois.
- 2020 – 2021: National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff’s Lawyers in Illinois
- 2020: National Trial Lawyers, Top 25 Products Liability Lawyers
- 2019: Top 50 Illinois Jury Verdict for personal injury
- 2017: Mercy Home for Boys & Girls “Spirit of Mercy Award”
- 2016: Recipient of Loyola’s Leadership, Service, and Public Interest Award
- 2013: CALI Award in Legal Writing