Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Fighting For Injured Motorcycle Riders And Their Families
In Illinois, victims injured by the negligence or wrongful acts of others are entitled to financial compensation for their losses.
As the victim of a motorcycle crash or the surviving relative of a rider killed in a fatal collision, pursuing a civil lawsuit can help you obtain justice and the financial recovery you deserve.
Our award-winning Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys at Power Rogers are available to review your potential case and explain how we can help.
Chicago’s Leading Injury Firm
Power Rogers is one of the nation’s leading civil trial practices. A U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” Tier 1 Personal Injury law firm, we have excelled in fighting for victims in high-stakes litigation for decades.
- Our firm has recovered over $5 billion in compensation for clients, and $900 million more than our closest competitor since 2000.
- We have won record results, including a $100 million recovery in a wrongful death suit – the largest personal injury award for a single family in Illinois history.
- Our attorneys are nationally recognized by The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazine, among many other professional rating services
If you would like to discuss a motorcycle accident lawsuit with a Chicago attorney from Power Rogers, call or contact us online. Consultations are FREE and confidential.
Who’s Liable? Defendants In Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits.
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by many different factors. When the underlying cause of a crash is negligence, injured riders may have grounds to bring claims for compensation against a negligent individual and/or entity – such as negligent drivers, trucking companies, bus operators, product manufacturers, or government entities responsible for public transit.
The defendant in your case will depend on the facts involved and what ultimately caused the crash. Some examples of the types of things that can give rise to a motorcycle accident claim include:
- A vehicle’s failure to yield at an intersection or left-hand turn.
- An unsafe lane change or vehicle merging into a rider’s lane.
- Vehicles pulling into traffic in front of a rider from driveways or businesses.
- Rear-end collisions
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Defective products, including faulty motorcycle parts
- Unsafe property conditions or road hazards
Determining liability in your motorcycle crash and where sufficient insurance coverage exists is an important part of the personal injury process. At Power Rogers, we work with experts to investigate crashes and help victims take the most appropriate path toward the compensation they need.
Compensation In Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcyclists involved in traffic collisions are more likely to suffer serious injuries than occupants in passenger vehicles, including traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and spinal cord injuries.
Because these injuries can result in long-term recoveries, profound pain and suffering, and permanent disabilities or paralysis, it is vital to recover the full amount of compensation to cover all damages.
At Power Rogers, we leverage decades of collective experience and the insight of award-winning trial lawyers who help victims pursue full compensation for their losses. This can include compensation for:
- ER and hospital expenses
- Rehabilitation, therapy, medications and medical devices
- Future medical expenses and assistive care
- Lost wages and lost future earnings
- Disability, disfigurement, and loss of quality of life
- Emotional pain and suffering
While no monetary award can serve as recompense for a loved one’s untimely death, families pursuing wrongful death and survival actions have rights to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses incurred after an accident
- Loss of emotional support and consortium
- Lost financial support and benefits
- Lost value of household services
- Funeral expenses
- Other financial and emotional damages
Examples Of Our Case Results
Power Rogers has cultivated a legacy of winning results for victims of negligence. This includes record-setting recoveries and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements in complex claims.
- $23 million verdict for a client who sustained a C5-C6 tetraplegic injury when his vehicle was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer.
- $17.5 million recovery for a bicycle accident victim who suffered amputation and other serious injuries due to trucker negligence. This is the largest bike accident recovery in Illinois history.
- $10.43 million verdict for a client who suffered a spinal cord injury resulting in incomplete paralysis in his arms and legs when a truck pulled in front of his vehicle at an intersection.
- $7.012 million verdict for an injured motorcyclist who became paralyzed after medical providers failed to adequately replace blood lost in the accident and appropriately intubate him.
- $5.5 million verdict for severe injuries suffered by a motorcycle passenger and wrongful death of her husband when a negligent truck driver turned in front of their motorcycle onto an Interstate 39 onramp. At the time, this was the second-largest personal injury verdict in Ogle County history.
Why Should You Work With A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Securing the financial recovery you deserve is no easy task. For motorcycle riders and their families, it can be even more difficult.
As powerful corporations that care about profits more than people, insurance companies do all they can to avoid paying claims filed against their policyholders. This can include:
- Making low settlement offers before injured motorcyclists understand the full scope of their injuries and the struggles they will face in the future;
- Speaking with victims without legal representation in hopes they will make admissions of fault.
- Raising arguments that motorcyclists caused or contributed to their own crashes.
Because every dollar counts, plaintiffs need to fight back against insurance carriers with the help of attorneys who have the experience and resources to level the playing field.
At Power Rogers, we are known by our opponents as skilled and accomplished litigators, and we have the resources to work our clients’ cases to the fullest extent. Often, this allows us to present meaningful options to our clients when it comes to reaching the fair resolution they deserve.
Personal injury and wrongful death cases take time to prepare and resolve. If you have been hurt in a crash or have lost a loved one, contact our Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys as soon as possible. We offer FREE consultations and serve clients across Illinois and beyond.