Chicago Cerebral Palsy Attorney
Our Legal Advocates Give Birth Injury Victims a Voice
Cerebral palsy is a permanent condition. While treatment and therapy can assuage the side effects, there is no known cure. Due to the severity and duration of the condition, it can be both financially and emotionally devastating for the parents, particularly knowing the condition could have been avoided had the doctors and hospital staff taken proper measures to ensure a healthy delivery.
The Chicago cerebral palsy lawyers at Power Rogers have handled numerous birth injury cases for plaintiffs, including a number of cerebral palsy cases, such as:
- $13 Million in a case where the doctors allegedly failed to recognize signs and symptoms of fetal distress, resulting in brain damage and cerebral palsy to the newborn girl.
- $12.5 Million in a case where the doctors allegedly failed to diagnose bradycardia in the baby and delayed delivery of the child, which resulted in permanent severe choreoathetoid cerebral palsy.
No Fees Unless We Win
Negligence That Can Lead to Cerebral Palsy
Not all cerebral palsy cases are medical malpractice cases. In fact, the cause for cerebral palsy in many individuals is unknown. In some cases, however, cerebral palsy can be traced to a specific event or set of events. The following are potential circumstances that could lead to cerebral palsy.
- Failure to detect infections – certain maternal infections, if not detected and treated quickly, could cause fetal brain damage, leading to cerebral palsy.
- Prolonged labor – Labor, if it goes on too long, can harm the baby. The baby might suffer from limited oxygen during the labor process or brain damage that leads to cerebral palsy.
- Delayed C-Section – If labor is high-risk or prolonged, doctors usually make the decision to perform a cesarean section. If a C-section is not performed in a timely manner, the child could be born with cerebral palsy.
- Hypoxia – Lack of oxygen to the baby’s brain could lead to brain damage, and consequently, cerebral palsy.
Our law firm has recovered more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements for individuals who have been harmed by the negligence of others, including medical professionals. If you trusted your doctor for a safe pregnancy and delivery but gave birth to a child with cerebral palsy, we invite you to contact our cerebral palsy lawyers in Chicago for a free consultation today.