Chicago Product Liability Attorney
Harmed By A Dangerous Or Defective Product?
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 22,000 Americans are killed and 29 million are injured by defective and unsafe products every year. Product designers and manufacturers have a duty to issue reasonably safe products that are labeled appropriately and produce no threat if used properly, yet the CPSC reports between 200 and 300 yearly product recalls.
If you or someone you love was injured by a product that was dangerous, defective, labeled inappropriately, or marketed inappropriately, you could be entitled to financial compensation. The best way to find out if you are entitled to a claim is by speaking with a Chicago product liability lawyer. The defective product attorneys at Power Rogers have extensive experience dealing with these types of cases.
Why Choose Power Rogers?
Product liability cases can be complex and involve powerful opponents. Speaking with our team in a free consultation is a good way to help you orient yourself and prepare. We’ve recovered billions of dollars for our clients and handled numerous high-profile product liability cases. Power Rogers has led the state in the most dollars recovered in verdicts and settlements for the last five consecutive years.
There are several factors that set our team apart as choice product liability lawyers:
- Attorney Devon Bruce has represented clients in a broad range of product liability actions including electrical equipment, home appliances, boat design, medical devices, industrial equipment, and fire extinguishers
- Mr. Bruce has recovered millions of dollars for his clients against some of the largest orthopedic manufacturers in the world, and is currently representing more than 30 Illinois farmers and farming entities in individual actions against the Swiss corporation Syngenta.
When it comes to our ability to represent you, the results speak for themselves. Contact our firm today at 312-500-1792 to discuss your options with our product liability lawyers in Chicago. You don’t pay unless we win your case.
Grounds For Filing A Defective Product Lawsuit
There are a variety of grounds for filing defective product claims against manufacturers, such as:
- Defective design: This type of defect concerns the design of the product itself, meaning the product would have been faulty even if it was manufactured impeccably.
- Manufacturing defects: A defect in the manufacturing means that a safety hazard occurred due to a mistake during the manufacturing process.
- Failure to warn: This means that the manufacturing company failed to give adequate warning regarding the product’s potential safety hazards.
- Marketing defects: This type of defect concerns how the product was marketed or advertised. For example, improperly marketing a toy with small parts, a choking hazard, to children three and under.
How Do You Know If A Product Was Defective?
That is a good question and one that takes special skill and investigation to answer. Sometimes common sense is the best indicator on whether a product is defective. You should ask yourself these questions:
- “Should this have happened?”
- “Did the product do something it was not supposed to do?”
- “Did the product fail to do something it was supposed to do?”
- “Did the product cause an injury?
Who Can You Sue For A Defective Product?
If a product’s defects result in the user’s injuries, then any of the following parties may be held liable:
- The company selling the product
- The company manufacturing the product
- The company designing the product
How Are Product Liability Laws Usually Enforced?
Product liability is enforced by the law itself. If a product is linked to deaths or injuries, those injured individuals or their families have the opportunity to file a lawsuit. These lawsuits can be filed against any entity within the production line or point of sale. If there is a link between a product and damages, the company is ordered to recall that product, as well as pay for damages to the injured parties.
Contact Our Product Liability Lawyers For A Free Review
If you or someone you love has been harmed by a defective or dangerous consumer product, we invite you to contact the Chicago product liability attorneys at Power Rogers. We represent individuals throughout the state of Illinois, standing up for them against major multinational and multibillion-dollar manufacturers. Nothing intimidates us, especially when our clients’ futures are at stake.