The Skilled Legal Advocacy You Need After A Fall Accident
Our attorneys at Power Rogers, LLP, are highly experienced in personal injury law, and that includes injuries occurring on private property due to the negligence of property owners – known as premises liability claims. Although premises liability encompasses all manner of injuries, slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents are perhaps the most common.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries after a preventable slip, trip and fall accident, our lawyers can help you understand your rights and your options for seeking compensation. Since 1993, our firm has helped recover more than $5 billion on behalf of injury victims and the families of those killed in wrongful death matters.
The When, Where And Why Of Falling Accidents
A slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident could occur nearly anywhere for reasons far too numerous to list here. However, common scenarios and causes of these accidents include:
- Failure to remove snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots and other pedestrian traffic areas
- Poorly placed merchandise or displays in a department store
- Spilled liquids at a grocery store that employees knew about but failed to clean up in a timely manner
- Freshly mopped floors at a restaurant without a sign warning patron of slippery surfaces
- Loose carpeting, uneven floors and inadequate lighting in a commercial building open to the public
- Running electrical extension cords along the floor in areas where people commonly walk in an office building
- Uneven stair heights that violate building codes
- Uncleared debris and poorly placed power tools at an active construction or renovation site
Remember that these accidents often have explanations other than just the clumsiness of the victim. Our team will thoroughly investigate your accident to determine why it happened and who may have been at fault.
Seeking Full And Fair Compensation For Your Injuries And Losses
Slip, trip and fall accidents commonly result in traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, back and spinal cord injuries and even paralysis. When you hire Power Rogers, LLP, our attorneys will help you seek compensation for:
- Medical costs (hospital bills, physical therapy, etc.)
- Costs of lifetime care (for long-term or permanent injuries)
- Lost wages from time spent unable to work
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries resulted in permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
After your accident, the property owner’s insurance company may contact you and offer a quick settlement. This is likely to be far less than your case is worth and far less than what you need to cover your losses. When you work with our firm, we will take the time to thoroughly assess all costs and losses associated with your accident and seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
Tell Us Your Story In A Free Consultation
Power Rogers serves clients in Chicago and throughout the surrounding areas of Illinois. To learn how we can help you, contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation. You can reach out online or call 312-500-1792.