Experienced Attorneys Advocating For Clients In Contingent Commercial Litigation
Power Rogers has successfully obtained a number of multimillion-dollar results for individual, corporate and municipal clients in commercial litigation. Our firm has handled accounting, legal and banking malpractice cases. These types of professional negligence claims are extremely complex and document intensive. As such, they require commercial litigation attorneys with the knowledge, experience and resources to successfully handle them.
Our respected litigation team pursues these commercial cases on a contingency fee basis, and the client owes no fees or expenses unless the firm recovers. We have recovered over $5 billion on behalf of our clients in verdicts and settlements.
How We Can Help You
Our firm has represented clients in commercial litigation related to:
- Accounting malpractice
- Banking malpractice
- Violation of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Qui tam litigation
Many of these cases have been overseen by attorney Devon Bruce, whose work is described below.
Devon Bruce: An Attorney With A Strong Success Record In Commercial Litigation
Devon Bruce, a partner at Power Rogers, represents clients in a number of areas of contingent commercial litigation. In 2014, Mr. Bruce was hired by the city of Dixon, Illinois, to recover funds from the embezzlement committed by City Treasurer Comptroller Rita Crundwell. This theft was the largest reported municipal embezzlement in the history of the United States. Mr. Bruce filed a lawsuit and pursued an action against the city of Dixon’s accounting firms and Fifth Third Bank. Mr. Bruce ultimately recovered $40 million from these entities for the taxpayers of the city of Dixon. Mr. Bruce’s recovery for the city of Dixon was the largest reported recovery for a municipality arising out of embezzlement in the country’s history.
More of his case successes and accolades include the following:
- In 2015, Mr. Bruce obtained a significant recovery for a physicians group in a banking malpractice case. The case arose out of an employee of the physician’s group who stole health insurance checks made payable to the physician’s groups. The bank improperly allowed the employee / embezzler to then open fraudulent accounts and cash the checks in the medical group’s name.
- Mr. Bruce represented a radiology group in an accounting malpractice action arising from overbilling and unfounded charges being approved by the group’s accounting firm.
- Mr. Bruce represented over 30 farmers and farming entities in individual actions against Syngenta, a Swiss corporation. The Syngenta litigation arose out of false sales and marketing of a genetically modified seed corn manufactured by Syngenta and sold into the United States, which caused significant economic damage to Illinois farmers.
- Mr. Bruce was named in 2009 by the Chicago Lawyer magazine as the 40 Lawyers under 40 and has been selected every year from 2011 to 2015 as a Leading Lawyer by his peers.
Because of his extensive experience and knowledge, Mr. Bruce has been an invited guest speaker on the issues of embezzlement, accounting malpractice, and banking malpractice to a number of organizations, including the City Club of Chicago, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Discuss Your Case With An Attorney For Free
If you’d like to discuss your commercial litigation matter with Devon Bruce or any of our other talented lawyers, contact our office in Chicago to schedule a free initial consultation. Just call 312-500-1792 or submit an online contact form to get started.