Chicago Train Accident Attorneys
Our Chicago Injury Firm Has Won Over $5 Billion For Clients
Train accidents can hurt and even kill many people, causing serious injuries and property damage. Our team is proud to provide aggressive and skilled representation for our clients. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a train accident in northern Illinois, it is important that you have the right representation on your side: Our Chicago train accident attorneys at Power Rogers can help you.
Why should I choose Power Rogers?
There are many reasons why you can have confidence working with our Chicago train accident lawyers:
- Our team is experienced. We have decades of collective legal experience and have been serving this firm for decades.
- Our team has a record of success. Our lawyers have recovered more than $5 billion in judgments and settlements for our injured clients. That’s over $900 more than our closest competitor.
- Our team has a reputation for excellence. Although we are a moderate sized firm, for the last ten consecutive years we have led the state of Illinois for the most dollars recovered in verdicts and settlements.
- Our team doesn’t charge a fee unless we win. No recovery? You won’t owe us anything in legal fees. We don’t charge until we win.
- Our team has the knowledge and experience to represent you against big corporations. If you or a loved one was involved in a train accident, you need the right representation: A firm knowledgeable and experienced enough to help you. Our team has the skill, knowledge, and competence to fight for your rights and pursue justice against a powerful defendant.
Is the transportation service liable for my injuries?
The transportation service might be liable for your injury if the service was negligent, and caused your injury. The federal government has created few regulations as to the liability of common carriers to injured passengers. In most situations, individual state law applies in determining whether a common carrier is liable for personal injuries.
In most states, the general rule is that a common carrier may be liable for personal injuries to passengers. A common carrier is generally required to use the highest degree of care, diligence, and vigilance in the transport of its passengers to the appropriate destination. The carrier must have the necessary equipment and a reasonable degree of skill to carry out the transportation of passengers.
What constitutes train accident negligence?
Failure to use reasonable care while operating a train constitutes negligence. Determining who was at fault in any train accident means figuring out who was negligent and responsible for causing the accident. If your injuries are the result of an operator’s failure to use reasonable care while operating the train, then you might have a valid claim.
What is the NTSB?
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is an independent federal agency with jurisdiction over train accidents in the United States. The NTSB issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. The NTSB also conducts special studies of transportation safety issues of national significance.
What role does the FBI play in investigating train accidents?
The FBI’s role is to investigate the possibility of sabotage or some other criminal act that may have contributed to an accident. Although the FBI is consulted in many large train accidents, it takes over jurisdiction only in rare cases where criminal acts caused the accident.
Schedule A Free Case Evaluation At 312-500-1792
Request a free consultation in order to learn more. Our team can fight for you. Call our Chicago office to learn more about your case and your options and to start your pursuit to justice.